Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 02/02/15: Doc Visit, Garlic Mushroom Quinoa, Vegetable Stock

1.  With my appointment in Baltimore to see if I get on the kidney transplant list coming on March 2nd, I did one of the things today I wanted to do to get ready:  went in for a physical. My blood pressure was pretty good -- my readings at home have been better.  I lost some weight since I'd seen him last.  If any red flags went up for my doctor, he didn't say anything.  He'll report back to me through an online service the clinic is a part of.  This was a stress-free visit.

2.  I tried out a simple recipe called "Garlic Mushroom Quinoa" and added zucchini to it and when I zested up my bowl of it with lemon juice.  It worked.

3.  I closed out the evening by doing everything to make a big pot of vegetable broth/stock except strain it, which I'll do in the morning after it cools overnight.

No comments: