Friday, February 13, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 02/12/15: Hounds of Aeolus, Rusty Letter, Quick Meal

1.  Something has enraged Aeolus, the Greek god keeper of the winds here in the greater MVD area and starting late this afternoon the great Aeolus began to unleash hell winds from the Arctic upon us. I had thought his angry hound winds had begun to howl in the early afternoon and I was ready to cancel my daily walk, but, as a test, I walked to the mailbox at the entry way into our apartment complex and, not having suffered frost bite or nearly died from exposure, I decided to keep going and got in about two and a half miles by going up to the business park on Ivy Lane, after a stroll around the perimeter of our good sized apartment site.

2.  It's been a long time since I wrote a letter of recommendation, but a student of mine from 2011, a student I've stayed in touch with, asked me to support his efforts to gain scholarship aid, and this morning I got that letter written.  I felt like the Tin Woodsman in need of having my letter writing joints and muscles oiled.

3.  Lentils mixed with corn.  Quinoa. Salsa. Parmesan cheese. All thrown together in a bowl. Quick. Easy. It worked.  Made me and Deke laugh at how easy each of us is to please.

No comments: