Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 02/23/15: Backlash, Great Drive Home, Dinner and Rest

1.  Adrienne and the Deke took Jack to day care.  Later they went to Costco together.  I had a quiet morning doing some writing and starting to learn about the backlash Particia Arquette's comments last night instigated among women of color feminists.  I'm learning a great deal about long held resentments and about strong perceptions of white privilege I've known next to nothing about.

2.  The Deke and I blazed down the Garden State Parkway, the New Jersey Parkway, left I-95 onto I-895 to skirt around Baltimore and go through the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel, returned to I-95, and hit our only real traffic snarl about six miles from home as I-95 fed cars onto the Capital Beltway.  But, slowly we inched our way to the Kenilworth exit and soon we arrived home, very happy after a splendid weekend in Metuchen and Nyack.

3.  A bowl of pasta and with eggplant, onion, yellow squash, and tomatoes brought a nourishing conclusion to our day and we settled in, resting up for the demands of the upcoming seven days or so. My March 2 all day appointment at the U of Maryland Transplant Center in Baltimore looms in the next week, as do the final preparations I have to do to get ready for it.

No comments: