Friday, February 6, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 02/05/15: Photo Project, Photos Over the Years, Coconut Milk

1.  Our apartment home walls are partially bare and I'd like to put up pictures I've taken.  I started the task of going through the thousands of pictures I've got on file.  On the one hand, it's a tedious undertaking, but, on the other, it's fun to remember all the photo strolls I've taken by myself and with Russell and a few with Mary.  I have a lot of pictures I like that I'll keep in my Flickr account and in electronic albums, but that I don't see any reason to print.  I have decided to print a lot of pictures to inspect them in hard copy and see which ones I want to frame.

2.  I'm not analytical enough to say here's what I do better now than I did in the past.  But, in general, I think my picture taking has improved.  That said, I've really enjoyed pictures I took back in '12 and '13 at Delta Ponds in Eugene and I miss that place.  It is a great compensation, though, that I live so close to Greenbelt Lake and that my reading and research makes it clear that an abundance of wetlands and ponds and parks and other such places exist throughout Maryland.  I'm eager to go visit them and to return to Huntley Meadows down by Molly and Hiram's place.

3.   So, this evening I made a simple stir fry of tofu, green beans, cabbage, and spinach and decided to make a coconut milk sauce without peanut butter in it, just to see if it might be lighter.  I whisked together coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, a little sesame oil, garlic powder, a sprinkling of sugar, red pepper flakes, and ginger and it was really good, making our evening meal a pleasure.  (Just for the record, if we'd had cilantro, I would have added it.)

No comments: