Monday, February 9, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 02/08/15: Writing, Kindness, Curry

1.  I gave my legs a rest today and spent much of the day thinking and writing about my visit on Saturday to the National Gallery.  I have to admit, though, in the piece I wrote I never quite got at why the art that transfixed me had the effect it did.  One day, I might get this down in words.

2.  The Deke and I each do our own laundry, but today she broke with our usual way of doing things and put in a load for me, voluntarily.

3.  I found a recipe for vegetable curry using red curry paste and coconut along with fish sauce and soy sauce.  I built the meal around onions, garlic, ginger, eggplant, broccoli, spinach, and cilantro. We had leftover rice, but it wasn't quite enough, so I made some couscous to supplement it and it was a kind of perfect dinner.

No comments: