Monday, February 2, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 02/01/15: Quiet Day, Printer Solution, Light Thai Dinner

1.  The day can best be summed up this way:  no television, no Super Bowl, no noise, no parties in our building:  just quiet so the Deke and I could work on things that are best done in silence:  writing, school preparation, figuring out how our new printer/copier/scanner works, and me checking in at nfl.com from time to time on the progress of the football game, free of the commercials and the halftime show and the confetti.

2.  When I gave the printer a print order, its default move was to direct the job to PageManager PDF Writer and with some calm fiddling around, I figured out how to change this so that the print order went straight printing the page.  It was a triumph I enjoyed.

3.  Through the afternoon, the Deke and I finished the leftover vegetable soup from last week and it aged very well.  For an evening meal, I fixed rice, steamed broccoli, sauteed an onion, mixed them together and sealed the deal with "The Best Thai Peanut Sauce" from Friday  -- a perfectly light and satisfying dinner.  And we haven't yet finished that splendid sauce.

No comments: