Saturday, February 7, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 02/06/15: Picture Project, Checking Out Ivy Lane, Beans and Rice

1.  I will, before they leave the West End Cinema in Foggy Bottom, go see the Oscar-nominated documentary shorts, but decided it wasn't today.  Instead, I kept working on making the first round cut for pictures to print, potentially frame, and potentially hang in our apartment home.  I have taken a lot of pictures that should just stay in electronic folders, but I keep because of memories or what I can learn from them.  Others are good for electronic display, but not suitable or appropriate for apartment home display.  It's narrowing it down to the home display I'm working on, but other ideas about gifts, calendars, little books, that sort of thing, have also been alive in me.

2.  I took different route today walking.  Across Kenilworth (Rt 201) from where we live is a business park and a Marriott hotel.  I blazed through it the other day when I walked to the Metro station, but today I did some looking around.  First, I walked up the hill to the Turner Historic Cemetery and it's really the size of a church cemetery, and walked around its small perimeter, decided it didn't have a ton of photo potential, and came back down to Ivy Lane and in the course of my stroll, checked out the Marriott for emergency reasons:  it has a Starbucks and is the closest coffee shop to where we live and it has a hotel bar, in case the Deke and I want to pop out for a drink and not travel far.  All of this was good to learn about and I made my way back home and had had over a two and a half mile walk.

3.  The Deke and I went for a tried and true dinner tonight:  I fixed black beans and rice.  Sold,  Tasty. Comfortable.

No comments: