Friday, December 8, 2006

Three Beautiful Things 12/07/06:

1. Following a thread of emails at work vigorously debating whether a second security gate should be constructed at Lane Community College. I wanted to propose a zero thousand dollar contest to name the contoversy, but didn't, thinking that fired up people across campus might not find such a contest amusing...in fact, I'm sure many would have found it disrespectful. Maybe they'd be right.

2. I didn't know that a fellow instructor, Eileen, has a guy in her life and finding out today that it is his birthday and that they are going to go out on the town for a nice dinner to celebrate.

3. The woman ahead of me at Albertson's was wearing pajama bottoms and a sweat shirt and brought her shopping total down by over ten dollars with coupons and rain checks. I enjoyed how all of her methods for saving money slowed the line down, giving me time to scan the tabloids and reflect upon my shopping environment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it always seem to be the little things that make life enjoyable.

your reflections remind me of St. Ignatius' process of the daily examen.

i enjoy everthing you write. carefully crafted and always from the heart.

rock on!

Anonymous said...

seems*



proof reading is also one of those things that can be amusing.

Word Tosser said...

Kind of like that commerical for the card that shows all the people running thru the line, swinging their card thru, and then the one guy pays cash... stopping everyone...everyone stumbling over each other..