Saturday, December 16, 2006

Three Beautiful Things 11/16/06: Wit, Tears, Starr

1. The Deke, Molly, and I went to the restaurant where Patrick works. We hate it. Our food, once again, was awful. The fun part was laughing at how much we agreed that it is the most overrated restaurant in Eugene. The bad food fired up our wits. Patrick was happy we came in. We enjoyed seeing him at work, too. My Buffalo Wings tasted like they'd been frozen in a vinegar and Tabasco sauce marinate for about a week and then popped in a microwave so they'd be piping hot on my plate.

2. Molly leaves for Miami tomorrow so the Deke, Molly, Patrick and I exchanged Christmas gifts and Molly cried when she opened a stocking cap the Deke knit for her.

3. Former Wallace-Kellogg American Legion baseball teammate, Starr Kelso, commented favorably on my slide show. I looked up his picture at his blog site and thought about him and his pal Hugh Marconi and his home runs, and our difficult season in the summer of 1970, which I wrote about here and here.

No comments: