Friday, December 8, 2006

Three Beautiful Things 12/08/06: Essayer, Gendarme, Socratina

1. Reading final essays written by my Intro. to Poetry class and feeling deep joy and pride in how much many of my students learned to love poetry. They were very skeptical at the beginning of the quarter.

2. Having my former WR 123 student Jim pull over in his Campus Security vehicle to investigate what I was doing on campus at 7:30 p. m. on the last day of finals and having a hearty laugh together when he realized it was me taking pictures for my forthcoming "Lane Community College at Night" picture slideshow.

3. Darcy, who completed my WR 121 course, focused on what it means to live well, sent me a video via email of a man who has pasted pens on the exterior and interior of his Mercedes (it's now his Mercedes Penz) and wrote in the subject box, "A well lived life?". These student these days are the greatest: funny, fun, appreciative, and eager to learn and grow.

1 comment:

Dubya said...

I had a finger that was skeptic once, but the doktor gave me some anti-biotics an' it got all better.

I din't realize that poetry would work jus' as good.