Saturday, December 2, 2006

Three Beautiful Things 12/02/06: Juniper, Bruins, Plugging In

1. Juniper is in her mid-thirties. She returned to school and Lane Community College last year. She was enrolled in my Writing 121, 122, and 123 courses last year. Last night, at the Shakespeare Showcase, she played Lady Macbeth with passion, scorn, darkness, and cruelty. Her deep nicotine voice was perfect. My heart swelled; I was very proud of her.

2. USC will beat UCLA going away. The BCS title game is set? USC v OSU? That's all I heard all week long after USC beat Notre Dame. HA! Not so fast my friend! The UCLA Bruins beat USC this afternoon and all those radio, television, and newspaper experts who had USC automatically in the BCS championship are reserving tables at the Crow Cafe, and telling the server how they'd like their crow prepared. Rare? Medium Rare? Medium? Medium Well? Well? Yes. I'd recommend a fine MD 20/20 with your crow.

3. Digital camera. Laptop PC. Satellite Radio. MP3 player. I'm loving getting plugged in to the 21st century!

2 comments:

Dubya said...

Hey, where is the Crow Cafe?

I keeps hearin' 'bout it.

Even jus' this afternoon someone sent me an e-mail sayin' that Rummy was meetin' me at the Crow Cafe, but I can't find it.

Anonymous said...

Raymond, I just found your blog site and love it already. I was born in Kellogg and lived there until the family moved to Spokane in 1982. I can identify with alot of what you write. My grandfather died in the Sunshine Mine fire of 1972,mom grew up in Smelterville and died of cancer at a very young age,dad managed the Les Schwab in Kellogg. This comment is very long so I should close. E-mail me at Randy567_98@yahoo.com if you wish. I will be reading your blogs, John