Sunday, December 10, 2006

Three Beautiful Things 12/10/06:Rhiannon, Brabantio, Baruch

1. Therese posted Fleetwood Mac performing "Rhiannon" in concert and my estimation of Fleetwood Mac and of Stevie Nicks soared. I love how the band jams in this performance and I've never seen Stevie Nix perform with such passion and abandonment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHd33UyDz1E

2. When it comes to Shakespeare, I love it when I get to play older, sort of stupid, blustery, self-righteous men. I loved being Polonius. I loved playing Snug, the Joiner...who was very kind and adorable, but a bit slow upstairs. I loved playing Antonio, who was older and self-righteous and very committed in his love for Hero, and really went off on Don Pedro and Claudio. Fun. Fun. Fun. Tonight at Othello rehearsal I got to read the role of Brabantio. What a feast of bluster, impotence, bigotry, and malice. It was really fun. I love Tyler, but if he has to miss another rehearsal along the way, I'll enjoy filling in for him!

3. The retired Bishop of Idaho, John Thornton, put his arm on my shoulder and told me he not only enjoyed my reading from the Book of Baruch in church today, but that my reading made him believe what the scripture said. How gratifying.

1 comment:

Dubya said...

Someone said you wuz playin' Dick on stage, so I come over to look, but yer blog says yer jus' playin' some dude named Barbanito.

Wasn't he a Sweathog or sumthin'?