Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 01/02/07: Broncos, Snug, Angels

1. The buzz all day long about Boise State's improbable win over the Oklahoma Sooners.

2. The wind blew my sister's front door open twice today. Both times Snug dashed out the door. Both times he came back immediately upon being called. Luckily, the street Carol lives on is quiet and I'm proud of Snug for being so obedient.

3. Jake told about his dad having a tough night last night and seeing angels come to his hospital room and having Ed respond sincerely, "I believe in that shit. You're god damned right I do."
It's part of what makes it hard going back to Eugene. No one, when told about angels, if they believe in them, says, "I believe in that shit." In Eugene, the response is some kind of doe eyed sacred response. I strongly prefer, "I believe in that shit. You're god damned right I do."

No comments: