Thursday, January 25, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 01/25/07: Prudence, Fog, Enlightenment

1. My message light was on my work phone. It was the Deke: "I saved $4.78 at Albertson's." Hang up. I laughed hard. Maybe you can tell we joke a lot about the money the checker at the grocery store tells us we save as we are checking out.

2. The LCC campus was foggy when I arrived and I took some pictures of the Boy with a Tree Growing Out of His Head Seated in a Chair Way Too Big for Him.

3. I held individual conferences with about half of my WR 115 class today. I understand two students' struggles better now: I did not realize that for A., English is his second language and I did not previously know that P. has Asperger's Syndrome. Having discovered this will enable me to work better with both students.

1 comment:

Go Figure said...

rp,
It is just such interaction with students that makes on an educator. Congratulations.

On a vastly different note the YouTube of the cars was pretty amazing. While it certainly was not funny to those involved, it did kind of remind me of "back in the day" when the bars shut down, for the night, in the Valley--regardless of whether it was summer or winter. Dance On!