Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 01/24/07: The Boss, Connections, Slurpy DP

1. At the end of the Research Writing/Literature of the American Working Class course two years ago, I dropped Sam a note and offered him my Bruce Springsteen LP's. I never heard from him and forgot I made the offer. I ran into Sam today outside the Blue Door Theater and he asked me if the offer still held. You bet it does. We'll make the transaction soon.

2. I enjoy the way we are seeing how Martin Luther King, Jr., the writings of Thich Nhat Hanh, and the writing and thinking of Robert Grudin and the idea of copia all interrelate in WR 122. I'm hoping my students begin to see that when ideas are profound, there's a way they have deep commonality.

3. I purchased a Diet Pepsi from the machine that sits outside near the theater. The machine is subject to the elements. My Diet Pepsi was slushy and I pretended like I'd bought a slurpy and enjoyed the icy can of soda.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Re: #3 I love the Coke Slurpees at 7-11. Unfortunately, I've yet to see a Diet Coke Slurpee, so its a pleasure I rarely indulge in.

Your post tempts me to try concocting my own in the freezer, but with my absent-mindedness, I'd most likely succeed only in bursting the can open and creating little Diet Coke stalactites all over the freezer.

Anonymous said...

You mentioned Thich Nhat Hahn, MLK, and Bruce Springsteen, all in the same post. You, sir, are a true hero. :-P

--Transplanted Texan