Friday, January 19, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 01/19/07: Back to Poetry, Othello Surgery, Into the Wild

1. Thanks to the blizzards and ice storms and quarter inches of snow that befell Eugene over the last ten days, my Intro to Poetry class met today for the first time since last Wednesday and I loved discussing poetry again with my students.

2. The play Othello needs some trimming and I helped Sparky and Will go through the play and make some judicious cuts here and there to further reduce the play's run time.

3. Kelly dropped me an email to say that she had picked up a copy of Into the Wild at Smith Family Bookstore and loved reading it. I was thrilled that she enjoyed this book. It has been one of my favorite books to teach and to reflect upon over the last five to six years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwww, shucks! I love it when I make it into the headlines! Not nearly as much as I loved that book though!