Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Until Next Time

I hope I can wrangle a way to return to Kellogg in March. Last year the Deke and I visited Kellogg over the Presidents' Day holiday, but that won't happen this year because of my involvement in "Othello" and the Deke's studies in her graduate program.

My visits to Kellogg become more relaxing each time I come. I lie around. I take naps. I go out with friends and play slot machines and poker or grab a bite to eat. Nothing is pressing. No one demands anything.

Things are lovely with my mother and my sisters and I have found much comfort in our relationship with each other. When it comes to my mother, let me just say a person would have to be a fool not to get along with her:



I'll return to Eugene tomorrow and get back to my professional life and my married life.

I hope some day my married life and some kind of professional life will be in North Idaho. It's where I can relax.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean--I love small towns and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. For years even when I have worked in cities I have commuted sometimes as much as two hours each way in order to live where I am comfortable.

B.--

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed you in Kellogg this time. We had one visitor after another, it seems, so I could never get away to Kellogg.

I'm glad you had a relaxing time and I hope we can hook up in March.

John A.