Friday, September 4, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 09/04/09: Rick Frost Post, Spaghetti Dinner, Facebook Friday

1. I spent several fruitful hours writing two posts for this blog. I was especially happy to get my thoughts and memories about Rick Frost into an essay. It's something I should keep working on. I wrote quite a bit, but there's still a lot I haven't written yet. One fact keeps recurring: those two years I went to school at North Idaho College were two of the most fulfilling, fun, and rewarding years of my entire life.

2. Hamburger, sweet sausauge, onion, tomatoes The Deke canned, fresh tomatoes from Mom's Kellogg garden, some oregano, basil, and garlic....cook down the tomatoes, let the meat cook through and stay moist, throw them together into a sauce and pour it over spaghetti. That was dinner tonight and I enjoyed preparing it.

3. Keeley invited me to join her Middleboro friends in their weekly Facebook Friday endeavor and I had a really fun time. It's a little disappointing to be the only tee totaling Facebook Friday participant, but only a little disappointing. The wit and vibe and good cheer is really good and these guys are a lot of fun. Thanks to Randy for inviting me to get to know the friends of his hometown. Through Facebook..what a riot.

No comments: