Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 09/02/09: Gift of Boredom, Pork Stir Fry, No Crowds

1. I was over at Down on the Farm and read Cheryl's post entitled "Down Time" and Cheryl's phrase "the gift of boredom" got me thinking again about the Tao de Ching and how the idea of emptying (or boring out) oneself is foundational in all spiritual traditions.

2. I enjoyed marinating pork strips in honey, lemon/lime juice, soy sauce, garlic and fixing a stir fry for dinner.

3. I go to the Coburg Road Oregon Medical Laboratory whenever I need blood drawn because things are so slow, as in not busy, there. I went today, and, sure enough, just one other person was waiting and I got in and out with a short wait and didn't have to feel the anxiety of a bunch of other people holding numbered tickets awaiting their turn.

No comments: