Saturday, September 12, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 09/12/09: Willie Walk, Indiana Bacon, Green Beans and Potatoes, Ducks Get a Win

1. I saw Marla and Allison walking Willie in Monroe Park and we waved and shouted hellos to each other and were aware of Snug's problems with other dogs and didn't bring the dogs together. That was smart.

2. I'd never eaten anything quite like this before: I fried some bacon and candied onion, poured it, grease and all, in a pot of water with green beans, brought it to a boil, and let the green beans slowly cook. Then the Deke cut up red potatoes and dropped them right in with the green beans and bacon and onion, boiling the potatoes until finished. Eating this fine combination made the Deke feel like she was back in Indiana and made me want to do more cooking of this sort.

3. I know. I know. Purdue's crappy. But the Ducks needed to get a win, get some offense going, force some turnovers. They did all that and won by a slim 38-36 margin. Whew...

No comments: