Monday, October 5, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 10/05/09: Lit Bliss, Lovely Hirons Help, Contemporizing a Parable

1. I experienced early fall quarter bliss today in the World Literature course: Tao de Ching, Job, Parable of the Good Samaritan, Parable of the Lost Sheep, and Gilgamesh all in one two hour period. I don't think I did a very good job of conserving my energy today. I got pretty fired up!

2. I couldn't get my prescription filled at Hirons on 18th today, but have I ever enjoyed failure more? The women helping me out were friendly, solicitous, and eager to make things right. It's what always keeps me coming back to Hirons for my pills.

3. I enjoyed making my World Literature students laugh when I quipped that today the Parable of the Good Samaritan might be renamed the Parable of the Good Al Quaeda Guy or the Parable of the Good Tweeker.

No comments: