Sunday, March 28, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 03/27/10: Springfield Photos, Yi Shen Soup, Filet Mignon

1. Russell and I strolled Main and other streets in Springfield, cameras in hand, and snapped some photographs. Russell got some really good pictures. He got a theme going and made it work. I struggled. I may have been too caught up in how run down I found the area of Springfield we walked. I wanted to translate my feelings into pictures and, today, the connection between my feelings and the camera just didn't happen (although I haven't looked at my pictures yet).

2. The chicken soup at Yi Shen really hit the spot. It lifted my spirits as well as satisfied my taste.

3. The Deke and I enjoyed a lively dinner with the Pendletons: animated conversation, laughs with the kids, and juicy, thick, succulent, sweet, tender filet mignon. I don't know if I'd ever eaten filet mignon. I couldn't eat mine slowly enough. I wanted it to last forever.

No comments: