Saturday, February 16, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 02/15/13: Surprise Trip to the Store, Stout or Porter?, Wallet Laundering

1.  I had walked to Brails for furlough Friday breakfast with the Troxstars and Shane, so when breakfast was over and the Troxstars said they were going to rock the Market of Choice, knowing that my home pantry was bare, I was thrilled that they gave me a ride to the store and home again. 

2.  Not only did I walk to Brails, but later I walked to Cornucopia to meet the Deke.  Those walks felt good.  Once at Cornucopia, I continued my quest to answer for myself the enduring question of what my go to stout or porter is.  I haven't answered this question completely, but I made progress this afternoon when I preferred the bottle of Black Butte Porter I drank to the bottle of Obsidian Stout I started with.  I did wish, however, that Cornucopia had had Epic 825 Stout back on tap.  That's one I really like.  My exploration of porters and stouts continues.

3.  When I left my wallet in the pocket of my jeans and washed in with a load of laundry, nothing important was damaged. 

No comments: