Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 02/12/13: WR 115 House Party, Belgian Blow Out, Fraud Dream

1.  Some days my WR 115 2:00 section feels more like a party than a class.  I think we get our business done -- I hope so -- but we laugh, make smart alec remarks, build trust (I think) and keep pure drudgery away.

2.  Shane and the Troxstar and I met at the Bier Stein and enjoyed Belgian style ales out of the cooler.  This is the best way to drink beer at the Bier Stein.  Gather two or more friends.  Buy stuff from the cooler that's rarely on tap.  Drink it together.  Repeat about 1000 times how good the beer tastes.  Today we introduced ourselves to Unibroue's Trois Pistoles:  we were overwhelmed by its goodness.

3.  My Tuesday night sleep was hunted by story.  I fraudently volunteered to play piano at a concernt of show tunes at the Hult Center.  A crowd of people gave me a standing ovation when my name was announced as the pianist to be.  But I can't and don't play the piano and I wondered all night if I had, in my waking life, committed this act of fraud.  I was very happy to wake up and realized that I had not.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Number 2 was the best way I have found to experience Fat Tuesday yet!

Gathering Around the Table said...

You probably had piano lessons while getting treated for that blood clot.