Sunday, February 3, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 02/02/13: More Ed Koch, Small Subjects, Herb's Birthday

1.  I continued to enjoy reading about Ed Koch, including the lengthy obituary in the NYT. 

2.  Russell and I went to the area over by the new federal courthouse.  I didn't have the right lens to take pictures of big things, the building, the industrial site across the street, etc, so I went small and focused on dormant plants and the black rod iron fence behind them.  Here's an example:


3.  For third or fourth year in row, Herb celebrated his birthday at Kabuki's and the Deke and I were invited.  In the past it's been too noisy and manic at Kabuki's for me to enjoy and I hadn't enjoyed the food that much before.  But, tonight, I enjoyed the food way more than before and the atmosphere was quieter, more enjoyable.  One constant:  it is always great to celebrate with Herb and his family and for this most important reason, I always look forward to this time of year to celebrate Herb's birthday. 

No comments: