Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 02/25/13: Farewell to the Keystone Cafe, Walking, Sirloin Stir Fry

1.  Starting back in 1984 until about 1987, I ate regularly at the Keystone Cafe.  Today I went back,  thinking that maybe I'd like to eat there again more often.  I've decided not to go back, unless it's a special circumstance, like meeting a friend there.  My scrambled egg dish was very good, but the rest of my experience was as lukewarm/cold as my home fried potatoes and barely toasted toast.  The service was casual, nearly inattentive and also lacked warmth.  I'm glad I gave it a try and the Keystone certainly won't miss me.  The place had plenty of customers.  I enjoy a handful of other places a lot more and I'll stick with what I like.

2.  I keep walking and today I picked up some things at the Willamette Stationery place on 5th and Oak, made my way up to Broadway, and walked back home.  Not much happened.  But I walked.  It's getting to be a regular thing.

3.  I made a fun sirloin steak stir fry with brown rice, onion, mushrooms, and chard with a side of broccoli.  It was not only fun, it was tasty. 

No comments: