Monday, February 11, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 02/10/13: Slow Picture Review, Surprise! Back to Delta Ponds!, Steak and Beer

1.  Sometimes I think I take too many pictures when I go out.  Yesterday, at Delta Ponds, I took a ton of pictures and today I slowly went through them, making slow decisions about what to keep and which to edit.  Albums emerged, but I didn't finish.  Ha!  I can't imagine slowing down.  I see so much and want to turn what I see into pictures.  The price isn't too steep, I guess:  just a lot of time, hours, looking at pictures, thinking about them, asking myself questions, making adjustments, and, from time to time, pressing the delete button.

2.  Three days in a row.  Back to Delta Ponds.  I have spent a lot of time over the last few months taking pictures of birds and foliage.  I love these pictures. I've been arrested lately by the desire to try to let my family and friends who don't know Delta Ponds see the larger picture, how the ponds are laid out, what the shores look like, how the ponds are right next to a busy four lane highway, how apartment duplexes line some of the shores.  So, I've been trying to take and make good pictures of the larger picture at Delta Ponds and focused almost exclusively on the big picture today.  I fine it very challenging.


3.  I bought two top sirloin steaks the other day and divided the second one between me and the Deke today along with sauteed onions and French cut green beans.  We both enjoyed our meal a lot.  Then I went over to the Bier Stein for a beer and a half and to Sixteen Tons for a quiet beer.  It was relaxing.  I ran into our neighbors from across the street at the Bier Stein.  That was fun.  I chatted a bit with Eric at Sixteen Tons.  I liked that.   Enjoying these beers was all made possible by the sirloin steak dinner.  What a fine way to spend the early evening. 

No comments: