Saturday, February 9, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 02/08/13: Cornucopia Corned Beef Hash, Back to Delta Ponds, Steak Dinner

1.  I tried out the corned beef hash breakfast at Cornucopia after making thirty-one trips back and forth across town to the Deke's school to deliver things she left at home.  (Actually, just one extra trip, but I love that number, thirty-one.)  Cornucopia's morning coffee gives me great pleasure.  The quiet of the place in the morning is relaxing.  The service is top-knotch.  The corned beef hash was okay, a wee bit disappointing, so I won't order it again, especially because I know there are offerings on the breakfast menu I like a lot better.  That small disappointment did not keep me from enjoying the good half hour or so I spent relaxing, reading, and shooting the breeze with my server, Joseph.

2.  I hadn't been to Delta Ponds since before classes resumed at LCC and I loved the geese, the bracing wind, the changing light, and taking pictures. 



3.  I got home from the store and from a couple of Hefs worth of relaxation at Billy Mac's and fixed the Deke and me a fine sirloin steak with green salad and broccoli. 

No comments: