Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 02/19/13: Work Two Days, Golden Light, Nice Pairing

1.  I decided when I retired that I would try to confine all school work to Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I was up early this morning and the Deke kindly gave me a ride to school and I got papers graded in time for class, meaning I didn't grade any papers on my days off.  One thing that made this possible:  the papers were pretty good.

2.  I didn't have a camera with me as I rode the bus downtown or as I walked home from the bus so all I could do was admire the golden light everywhere I looked, but especially on the ponds that sit just off campus at LCC. 

3.  The Deke roasted a chicken when she got home from school and it was really tasty, especially with slightly oiled brown rice and a 22 oz. bottle of Widmer Bros. Hefeweizen.  The chicken and the beer paired up perfectly for me.

No comments: