Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 02/26/13: Comma Party, Off the Bus, Billy's Beef Teriyaki

1.  I wish my students had a greater interest in the comma and a better tolerance for looking in class at the comma.  I gave a first-rate fifty minutes of comma instruction today, but rather than looking energized, at about the 43rd minute, many of students looked like they had been smelling the sleep poppies outside the Great City of Oz -- sort of a comma coma.

2.  I got off the bus at Safeway, took care of some business at Hirons, and walked over to the Cornucopia where I met up with the Deke to talk about family matters and school and I enjoyed a find pint of porter.

3.  The Deke and I moved our party to Billy Mac's and continued to talk about whatever came up and I tried and very much enjoyed a beef teriyaki over fettuccine dish that was new to me and splendidly fun to eat.  

No comments: