Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 04/28/15: Lake Walk and Pictures, $$$, Frank Serpico

1.  I enjoyed a stroll around the circumference of Greenbelt Lake and I took pictures of its late April beauty.  Afterward, I posted Sibling Assignment #161.  Christy assigned the three of us to write about where we go to find beauty and to reflect upon this place.  I did more photographing than reflecting, I think, but if you'd like to see the picture and read what I said, just go right here.

2.  The Deke and I had another good round of discussions with the money guys and are getting closer to making some decisions.  

3.  My library card gives me access to movies and television shows through a service called Hoopla, and I was browsing the movie offerings, I came across Serpico and realized I'd never seen it.  So, I settled into a brilliant performance by Al Pacino and plunge into police corruption and the dilapidated streets and neighborhoods of Manhattan, the Bronx, and Brooklyn of about forty to fifty years ago.  I couldn't help but think how much movie tastes have changed since, say, 1973, when Serpico was a commercial success.  I kept thinking that if Serpico were made in the same cinematic style in 2015, it would be, at best, a small market independent movie playing at art houses, never making its way into the multi-plexes.  Maybe I'm wrong, but, sadly, it just didn't have the look or feel of 2015 feature film.  

No comments: