Thursday, April 30, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 04/29/15: I Didn't Lose My Cart, David Simon Talks About Baltimore, Swedish Wallander

1.  A couple of days ago, I went to the Co-op and I took three bottles of seltzer water off the shelf and turned around and my cart was gone.  I looked up and down every aisle.  I talked with a checker to see if anyone had reported a lost cart.  Then, about five minutes later, I found it.  Today, I went to the Co-op and kept my cart with me the whole time I was there.

2.  David Simon was a chief writer, executive producer, and show runner for HBO's The Wire. Former New York Times executive editor and current editor-in-chief of The Marshall Project interviewed David Simon about recent Baltimore history and what people outside of the city need to understand about the death of Freddie Gray and the response to it, here.

3.  I watched about half of the first episode of the first season of the Swedish version of Wallander before I got too tired and had to go to sleep.  It's intense.  I'm eager to get back and see how the story of this episodes turns out.

No comments: