Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 06/13/17: Vacuuming in Peace, School's Out for Summer, Harriet is Home

1. Molly agreed to keep the corgis at her house a little longer than planned and I seized upon the opportunity of a temporarily dog-free apartment home to vacuum the bedroom, hallway, living room, and dining area in peace. The corgis perceive the vacuum cleaner as a fiend. They aggressively attack it when it's off if I move it from one place to another in their presence and when I turn it on, they scream bark it agony. This morning I experienced one of the most relaxing and satisfying sessions of vacuuming I've had in years.

2. I picked up the Deke this afternoon at work. She had completed her last day at Dora Kennedy French Immersion School and so we went to Old Line to celebrate and, much to our surprise and delight, Molly contacted the Deke to say she'd be joining us. We noshed on this and that and I enjoyed a gin that Chris at Old Line told me about on Saturday, but that I'd never tried before: Uncle Val's Botanical Gin. I ordered it lightly iced. It beautifully combines juniper, lavender, sage, lemon, and cucumber, making it a refreshing and complex spirit.

3. Today, I went to Hannah's Facebook page to see if she'd posted any news about Harriet Potter and now I know for sure that Harriet is reunited with Hannah and her two dog mates, Tara and Snorri. Below you'll find a picture of the three dogs at home in Salem followed by some shots I took of Harriet Potter before I drove her to Dulles International Airport to fly away.

Tara, Harriet Potter, Snorri





No comments: