Saturday, March 26, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 03-25-2022: Delay, Some Fun Hoops, "It Isn't Pretty!"

 1. Leaving today for Portland just didn't feel quite right. So we delayed our trip. A day? Two days? We just don't know.

2. Yes, it was fun watching the parts of the St. Peter's/Purdue game that I saw and watch St. Peter's, an unknown team from a small Jesuit college in Jersey City, New Jersey defeat the mighty Boilermakers. It was less fun for me to watch Kansas defeat Providence because Providence had become one of my favorite teams to watch over the season. The other two games today were really fun. North Carolina and UCLA played a fun, clean, athletic, dramatic, fast-moving game and the fun of seeing both teams play so well, so hard, and have so much fun eclipsed any care I had for who won. As it turned out, North Carolina prevailed, 73-66, thanks largely to an enormously entertaining second half of sharp shooting by Tar Heel guard, Caleb Love who scored 27 points. And if entertaining basketball is something you enjoy, I recommend that you watch the Miami Hurricanes in this tournament. They zip the ball quickly to one another, love to run the floor, play scrambling and disruptive defense, and play with joy and enthusiasm. Their spirited play prevailed this evening as they defeated Iowa State, 70-56. 

3. We didn't leave for Portland today, but slowly, surely I packed my suitcase, suddenly remembering at different points during the day something I'd forgotten to pack earlier. Oh, yeah! My shaving stuff! Okay. Be sure to pack my nighttime mouth guard. Do I have the cords gathered so I can keep my phone, tablet, and laptop charged. What books do I want? I can hear inside myself the words of Dr. Rick, the guy on the Progressive commercial who tries to help new home owners not become their parents: "It isn't pretty!"

.

No comments: