Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 03-14-2022: Cameron Smith is Stellar, Dinner with Diane, Forgiving My Hoop Failures

1. I spent much of the day being thrilled by Cameron Smith's dramatic win today in the Players Championship golf tournament. Cameron Smith did everything: he putted masterfully, had two multi-hole birdie streaks, duck hooked a drive in deep jail and recovered, miraculously saving par, hit a stunning shot to within three feet on the treacherous 17th hole's island green, smacked a rescue shot off the pine straw into the drink, and made the bogey he needed, out of the water on the 18th to secure his victory.  

2. Debbie invited Diane over for dinner and we dove into that shepherd's pie I made yesterday. It was delicious. 

3. Stu performed a student teacher observation at Gonzaga Prep today and it was fun remembering when the Kellogg Wildcats visited G-Prep in December of 1970 and got waxed. It was a miserable basketball season for both Stu and me, but, now, over 50 years later, I look back on it and don't feel the misery any longer and have to chuckle at my whole mostly failed career as a Kellogg Wildcat hoopster. Like other areas of failure in my life, I really didn't know what I was doing -- but, I sure didn't see that at the time! 

No comments: