Saturday, July 9, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 07-08-2022: Finalizing the Reunion Rundown, BBQ Delivery and The Lounge, A Party Breaks Out at Christy's

1. I had fun today communicating back and forth a bit with Diane and checking out the river conditions with Sharon and then being able to put the finishing touches on my email to our classmates running down what they can expect when they come to our 50 year high school reunion next weekend. 

2. Ed swung by today with a backseat full of BBQ'd meat along with macaroni and cheese, iced tea, and a bag of sauces to be delivered to a party at a house in a gated community in the Hayden Lake vicinity. With the help of GPS, we arrived at the gate, punched in the code, entered, and found the house almost right away. 

We made the delivery and returned to Kellogg and rewarded ourselves for not screwing up the delivery by drinking a few cold beers at The Lounge. That was fun! I hadn't seen Cas for a while and John Sevy was in, enjoying his 75th birthday. I will protect the identity of the person whose level of intoxication led him to address me as Donald Trump because, he said, "You're a handsome guy, just like him." I got a good laugh out of that one and a free beer, too! 

Rarely a dull moment at the Inland Lounge! 

3. Back home, Christy was with Debbie in the back yard and her phone rang and it was Carol announcing that she and Paul, Cosette, Saphire, and Taylor wanted to come to Christy's back yard and watch the solar lights come on.

Oh, man! Kind of bad timing for me. I had had a few beers at The Lounge and I was crapping out but everyone else was just getting started and were ready for an evening party. 

So, I snuck in a little nap, spent time with Copper and Luna, and shuffled back and forth between being in our house winding down and going over the Christy's where the action was.

Not long after the party started, Diane's son dropped her off at party central and she talked a bit about the number of people who would be at next Saturday's dinner at the HillTop during reunion weekend.

Her numbers sounded a little off to me, so I returned home, made my own count, double checked it, triple checked it, and reported back to Diane. 

I think we are getting really close to having the numbers in place for the HillTop.

The party at Christy's broke up. Diane visited with me and Debbie for a while in our living room and, rather than have Diane's son come back down again to drive Diane home, I gave her a lift, returned home, and a very busy late afternoon and evening drew to a close. 

(Donald Trump? Really? 😂😂😂)

No comments: