Friday, July 1, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 06-30-2022: House Cleaning, Another Old Reliable, Recipe Exploring

1. We hired our niece, Zoe, to come over and do some housecleaning for us. This inspired me to do some work in the Vizio room. I took a rocking chair upstairs. I removed a rug. I swept the now exposed floor. I dusted shelves. I organized some papers. I took a load of magazines to the recycling center. I have some more work to do in that room. It already feels fresher, less cluttered. I hope Copper and Luna enjoy the changes.

2. Tonight, for dinner, I fixed Old Reliable 2. I cut three slices of bacon into bits and cooked them along with chopped white onion. Once cooked, I added a couple of cans of diced tomatoes and a chunk of butter. While this sauce bubbled away, I boiled a pot of farfalle and Debbie and I each ladled the rich and tasty sauce over these pasta butterflies.

3. We are having a birthday bash for Carol on Sunday and today I had fun looking at recipes for possible side dishes in my copy of Cook's All-Time Best Asian Recipes. I might be moving into some new cooking territory. 

No comments: