Friday, July 22, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 07-21-2022: Project Continues, Gene and Diane on Christy's Deck, Tonight's Hearing and Beer

1.  I am highly motivated to get all the Class of 72 contact information onto one spread sheet and I moved this project significantly forward this morning by picking up the reunion registration slips from Diane. 

2. Everett's son, Gene, and Gene's wife, Diane, visited Christy today. Debbie dropped in on Christy's deck to join their party and I did, too, once I finished writing my blog post about movies made between 1968-75. When I arrived, Gene and Diane were telling stories about their life traveling the USA in their mobile home and what their plans are for future trips. They are seeing a great deal of the beauty of the USA and are figuring out better and better all the time how to make their life of living on the road work.

3. Until today, I've watched all the Select Committee hearings by myself in the Vizio room. That's been all right, but, tonight, I found out Debbie was also watching the hearings in the living room on her laptop.  We didn't need to be in the same room taking this in because what really mattered was being able to talk about what we saw and heard after tonight's hearing ended.  It was also a great pleasure to split the last two Hammerhead Ales, one during the hearings and one after. The hearing was disturbing. The Hammerhead was a great pleasure. So was talking with Debbie. Enjoying the beer worked really well for both of us. 

No comments: