Saturday, July 23, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 07-22-2022: All-Class Reunion Committees, Progress on the Patio, My Contact Info Project Continues

 1. Debbie and I are having a basement window and the Sube's windshield replaced. Shoshone Glass emailed us a proposal, we signed it, and I took it down to Shoshone Glass's office to turn it in and put a payment down on the proposed work. 

I went in person because I wanted to talk a bit with Lori Sawyer about next summer's All Class Reunion (July 21-23, 2023). 

She's the chief organizer of the reunion and, as of now, not many people have volunteered to help out. I learned that her primary concern right now is finding people who are will willing to chair committees. A few minutes ago, on Facebook, Lori posted a list of committees that need a chair person.

Here they are:

Food trucks
Transportation
Booklet
Opening and closing ceremonies
Publicity
Wooden nickels, bags, and signs
T-shirts
Choir and band

There will be an All Class Reunion meeting at what used to be the Kellogg Middle School (now a community center) on August 15th. Past meetings have been at 6:30, so I'm thinking this one will be, too.

I am kind of raring to go on helping make this All-Class Reunion happen. 

I had such a great time at our Class of 72 reunion last weekend that I'm motivated to get involved with the All-Class as well.

2. Debbie and I decided we'd like to have a concrete patio and today we scheduled the work for that job and should have a place to sit outdoors, under our already constructed roof, in about three weeks. 

3. I worked all afternoon on continuing to update the KHS Class of 72 spreadsheet so that the contact information will be current and all located on one document. This project requires concentration, a nap or two (!), and a measure of diligence, but, lo and behold, I'm having a great time working on it. I think it's going to help us out a lot in the future as the need arises to contact our classmates. 

For example, soon I'll send out to the Class of 72ers an early mark your calendar notice -- and recommend that people start thinking about lodging -- for the All-Class Reunion.

As I might have mentioned, it will be held July 21, 22, 23 in the year of our Lord 2023. 

No comments: