Monday, January 30, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 01-29-2023: Desk and Lightroom, Shrimp and Rice Dinner, TV Mysteries and the World Poker Tour

 1. Debbie and I put my new little desk in the Vizio room. I went online and looked at larger monitors for my Windows laptop. I taught myself more about Lightroom. I am working toward coming out of hibernation and taking/editing pictures again.

2. I knew we had shrimp on hand. I knew we had rice. I found a recipe for lemon garlic shrimp and rice. All I had to do was melt some butter, put minced garlic in the butter for a minute or two, dump a couple cups of jasmine rice on top of the butter, and saute the rice until it began to snap, crackle, and pop.

My next move was to add a combination of mostly chicken stock and some water to the rice along with the juice of a lemon and some seasoning salt and lemon pepper. Once the rice had most absorbed the liquid, I put the raw shrimps on top of the rice, put the lid back on the Dutch oven, and when the shrimp were pink, I folded the shrimp into the rice. I let this dish stand for about five minutes and then Debbie and I dug in. I thought this simple meal was pretty good, especially after I squeezed more lemon juice on my servings and added some Bragg Liquid Amino.

3. Debbie and I returned to the Columbo zone while we enjoyed our lemon garlic shrimp rice. Tonight's episode featured George Hamilton and I chuckled, remembering when his tanning obsession was a feature of Doonesbury years ago. In addition, Leslie Ann Warren appeared and Debbie and I sang about ten seconds of the song, "In My Own Little Corner" from the 1965 CBS TV movie production of Cinderella

By the way, Columbo nailed George Hamilton's arrogant hyptonist murdering character. 

After we watched a couple of excellent episodes of Perry Mason, Debbie turned in and I fired up Pluto TV and watched some WTP poker, not so much for the poker -- although that was fun -- but mostly because I enjoy the play by play commentary of  Mike Sexton (RIP) and Vince Van Patten so much. They know poker, enjoy each other, and are fun to listen to. It had been a long time since I tuned into WTP Poker on Pluto TV. It was a blast tonight. 

No comments: