Sunday, January 15, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 01-14-2023: A Coma with Luna, Chillin' at The Lounge, Wah Hing Paired with Perry Mason and Lt. Columbo

1. Some time after 12 noon today, with Luna planted firmly on my chest, purring deeply with contentment, I fell into a deep a restorative sleep. I didn't move. Luna didn't move. We were connected not only by mutually satisfying physical contact, but my our mutual need for more and deeper sleep after I'd been up and down throughout the night.

2. Debbie and I popped into The Lounge around 4:30 or so and bellied up to the bar for a relaxing session of yakkin with Eddie B., Jan, Ron D., Cas, and others. I enjoyed a couple of margaritas, made all the more tasty by Cas fulfilling my request that he, in the style of Derrick at Billy Mac's (may that spiritual center in my life Rest In Peace), splash a little 7 Up on top of the drink. Eddie B. and I discussed the fine points of the differences between whiskey and rye. 

Before we left, we ordered Beef Lo Mein and an order of potstickers to go.

3. Back home, we dove into our take out dinner and then settled into a relaxing night of more Perry Mason and watched Lt. Columbo get to the bottom of a murder at a winery. It was a blast watching Columbo become learned about wine and use his new-found knowledge to crack open this murder case. 

No comments: