Monday, April 10, 2023

Three Beautiful Thing 4-10-2023: Perfect Easter Dinner, Post-Salmon Nap, Sunday Music Instead of The Masters

 1. Molly worked a shift at Radio Brewing today and Christy, Debbie, and I gathered with Paul and Carol at their house for a perfectly prepared and most delicious Easter dinner. We started with Carol's deviled eggs with a brandy and triple sec cocktail that Paul mixed. After cocktails,  some eggs, and yakkin', we moved to the dining table and enjoyed Paul's grilled salmon, Christy's pineapple cucumber salad, Carol's tender asparaguse spears, and Debbie's flavor packed pilaf.  Christy made a strawberry cake she topped with fresh strawberries and Cool Whip, a superb dessert. 

2. Full of all this good food and having enjoyed a couple cocktails and a glass of wine, I felt like I'd just eaten a turkey dinner because I was suddenly sleepy. So, I excused myself from the after dinner table talk, lay down on a nearby couch, and took a satisfying nap.

3. Contrary to my usual way of doing things during the weekend of the Masters golf tournament, rather than turn on the television, I listened to Baroque music, classical piano selections, and then piano jazz. Byrdman and Roger texted their observations and occasional newsflashes as they watched the last round unfold and I enjoyed having a pretty clear idea of what was happening, but, as it turned out, I was more in the mood for music being on at a low volume, the television being off, and for relaxing in the relative quiet of our living room. 

No comments: