Thursday, April 13, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 04-11-2023: Breakfast at the Corner Cafe, On the Road to Pendleton, Dinner with Colette

 1. I swung by Ed's house around 7:15 or so this morning. He piled in the Camry and we rocketed over the pass and eased into the parking lot of the the Corner Cafe in Post Falls. A most witty and friendly server waited on us and made our generous and fortifying breakfast a delight. I especially enjoyed having a small side of sausage gravy with my sausage patty, eggs, hash browns, and biscuit meal. The gravy combined especially well with the Tabasco sauce I used to season my potatoes. 

2. Our drive to Pendleton was easy and uneventful. Ed and I got in some good yakkin' and, as we always do, stopped at Ritzville Starbucks to stretch our legs and purchase some more caffienation to help us power our way to the Wildhorse Resort. 

3. At about five o'clock, I blasted into Pendleton, bought a fifth of Pendleton's 1910 Rye Whiskey to share with the fellas, and then zoomed over to Thai Crystal where Colette and I met for dinner. We started our meal sharing an order of Avocado Fresh Roll and peanut dressing. I ordered an Ice Thai Coffe, too. I was in the mood for wide noodles and tofu, so I ordered a plate of Pad Kee Mao. After we finished our entrees, Colette ordered a dessert she loves, Mango and Sticky Rice, and we shared it.

Colette and I had a scintillating conversation that lasted nearly three hours. I can't begin to recount all the ground we covered, but I can say our yakkin' was wide ranging and included deep conversations about loss, our health, the presence and absence of Christian compassion in our lives, the importance of experiencing enjoyment and pleasure day to day, and a host of other fascinating subjects. 


No comments: