Friday, April 7, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 04-06-2023: The Sube Has a Spa Day, Pixel 6a Activated, Chicken Dinner and Columbo Brings Down William Shatner

1. It was Spa Day for the Sube today. I rocketed over the 4th or July Pass and arrived at the shop at 8:00 this morning. Now the Sube has new coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and clutch fluid and no new problems with leaks -- just the same old minor oil leak problem we've been monitoring for a while now. It hasn't worsened, just as the service advisor predicted a year and a half to two years ago. 

2. The service advisor, Sydney, gave me a ride to the nearby Starbucks on Prairie and Hiway 95. After a croissant, blueberry scone, and a grande latte, I went next door to the Verizon store. A very helpful guy activated the Pixel 6a I bought back in November and now I'm all set with my new cell phone.

The Sube's Spa Day was going to last about 5-6 hours, so I returned to Starbucks, bought a coffee and asked for a big glass of water and I blogged, completed the Thursday NYTimes Crossword Puzzle, and completed a couple other puzzles I work on every morning. It was a relaxing way to occupy my waiting time and when the Sube was done being pampered, Sydney returned to Starbucks and shuttled me back to the shop.

3. Back home, I sliced onions, put them in the bottom of a baking pan on top of some olive oil, salt and peppered two chicken thighs, put them on the onions, and then put two more onion slices on top of the chicken. 

I baked them.

I also made a butter, garlic, lemon sauce to put on the chicken and on the broccoli I fixed.

To round out the meal, I made a pot of jasmine rice enhanced by heating up minced ginger in melted butter and adding the rice and water to the butter and ginger.

For dessert, we returned to Columbo and watched Columbo completely outfox and outsmart an uber egotistical and homicidal radio talk show host played by William Shatner. The character Shatner played was so creepy and such a lying, conniving, exploitative guy, that it made this episode difficult to watch, but the payoff was sweet when Columbo nailed him. 

No comments: