Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 04-10-2023: Sube's Brakes OK, Delicious Tabouleh, That Was Norm? (Not Exactly!)

1. I blasted in the Camry to Pinehurst Elementary School and left Debbie the Camry and I brought the Sube into town for a front brake check. The news at Silver Valley Tire was good. The Sube's front brakes have plenty of padding and when those pads wear down we can replace the rotors and calipers, unless, of course, we don't like how the brakes feel before that.

2. I'm not going to go into detail, but I fixed us superb tabouleh bowls, compliments of the fine ingredients HelloFresh sent us.

3. I enjoy it a lot when an actor plays a role way outside what I'm used to seeing him or her play. Tonight George Wendt (Norm on Cheers) played the murderer on Columbo and it was fun to see the gregarious guy at the end of the bar play a sinister and deluded killer. Another pleasure was watching Rod Steiger play a mobster, a role in keeping with other characters Steiger has played, steely with a touch of warmth. 


No comments: