Monday, April 3, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 04-02-2023: Learning More About Lightroom, Quick Dinner, Weird Episode of *Perry Mason*

1. I'm a slow learner. 

I always have been. 

I used to think that I learned things slowly but that whatever I learned stuck with me. I'm not so sure about what does or doesn't stick with me any longer. I learn things that then seem to fly away as I age. 

Today, I continued my slow process of learning how to edit photographs with Lightroom's software and slowly, surely it's starting to sink in. I've found some helpful video tutorials. I've found helpful written resources online. For several years, I relied on the now discontinued Picasa software from Google to edit pictures and I'm slowly, somewhat surely, learning what makes Lightroom different and I'm just beginning to learn how to do some of the things with Lightroom that I relied on when I used Picasa. 

Thank goodness, the stakes are low. 

I'm patient. 

I'm having fun. 

Before long, I'll have some pictures printed, buy some frames, and hang them in the Vizio room and bedroom -- and, who knows? -- maybe in the living room.

Scroll down and you can see examples of some of the pictures I'm going to work with and print.

2. Debbie spent the afternoon at Pinehurst Elementary School getting things organized for the return of her students on Monday and listening to arias from different operas and other pieces of classical music. 

She returned home feeling happy, happy that things are squared away for the resumption of school and happy to have spent an afternoon filled with inspiring and sublime music.

Upon her arrival back home, we looked at each other and realized we didn't have a clue regarding dinner.

Debbie wondered what we had in the freezer, seeming to remember we had a bag of raw shrimp.

I said we did.

Well, Debbie wondered, couldn't we have shrimp with a can of fire roasted tomatoes and some red pepper flakes served with rice? 

I checked our rice situation.

We had jasmine rice.

So I cooked a batch of rice and quickly sautéed the shrimp in butter and added the tomatoes and red pepper flakes.

Presto! We enjoyed a quick, easy, delicious, and simple dinner with little fuss and not much of a mess! 

3. Tonight, Debbie and I returned to Perry Mason and watched one of the more absurd, but fun, episodes we'd ever seen. It involved the murder of a womanizing and corrupt dentist at the San Diego Zoo. The episode not only had a wacky storyline, but also featured animals at the zoo, including a baby gorilla and a cowardly lion who played prominent roles in the case and were key to Perry Mason cleverly getting to the bottom of figuring out who actually killed the unscrupulous dentist. 









No comments: