Saturday, April 15, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 04/14/2023: Back on the Road, Luna and Copper Reunion, Partying with Debbie

 1. Shortly after 9 o'clock, Ed and I piled into the Camry, I filled the gas tank, and we blasted off from the Wildhorse Resort and headed back to the Silver Valley. We stopped at the Country Mercantile just north of Pasco for a rest stop and I bought some black licorice and a bottle of water. The trip home was just the way I like it: uneventful.

2. I arrived home, unpacked a few things, and brought Copper and Luna out of the Vizio room into the bedroom. I was tired in a good way after driving about 800 happy miles this week and I lay down to take a nap. I played a mellow jazz playlist on the Bose speaker and before long Luna was all over me, pushing her nose into my cheeks and chin multiple times, giving my wrists little bites of affection, and purring with deep contentment. Her affection kept me awake for a while, but soon she settled down and I enjoyed some restorative sleep. Copper, as is his way, positioned himself against my legs and enjoyed the peace he feels when we are close to each other the way he likes it. 

3. Debbie called me from school and wondered if I'd like to go to The Lounge.

As a matter of fact, I did want to go to The Lounge. 

Debbie and I took seats behind the so-called VIP partition and launched into a superb conversation about plans for this summer. We'll see Adrienne's family in Kellogg, get together with Patrick and Meagan in Nelson, BC, and we could see Molly's family on the shore of Lake Michigan. We'll have a jam-packed summer, it's just a matter of how much jam we decide to pack into it! 

We left The Lounge and decided to stop at The Beanery for wood fired pizza. 

When Ed and I arrived at the Wildhorse Resort on Tuesday, we enjoyed a beer at the hotel lobby bar after we put our stuff in our rooms.

I ordered an IPA brewed by Sockeye Brewing and it was the first West Coast IPA I'd drunk in several months.

I loved it.

So, at The Beanery, when our server told me they had Boneyard IPA on tap, I jumped all over the opportunity to enjoy another enduring, aggressively hopped IPA. 

I loved it. 

Our wood fired pizza was also awesome and, lo and behold, our niece Molly was in the house and we had a blast talking with her. 

We finished our pizza, returned home, and I opened the bottle of 9 year Rye Whiskey I bought at the Stein distillery in Joseph and Debbie and I enjoyed a nightcap and I was more than ready to hit the hay. 

A great party had come to an end. 

No comments: