Saturday, July 1, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 06-30-2023: Prepping for the Langfords, Gas Oven Baked Flatbread, *Deadish* Redux

 1. Adrienne, Josh, Jack, and Ellie arrive July 1st some time in the afternoon, so Debbie and I have been scurrying around the house, trying to spruce up the joint a bit and doing little jobs, like changing light bulbs. I have a couple more things to tend to Saturday morning. I hope our little house will be presentable and suffice! 

2. Unlike at The Beanery, our HelloFresh flatbreads this evening were not wood-fire baked! All the same, they were pretty good. I cooked chopped zucchini in olive oil, marinated a sliced tomato in olive oil and garlic, and prepared a ricotta cheese and lemon sauce. I preheated a baking pan greased with a small amount of olive oil. Soon it was assembly time: slather the ricotta cheese sauce on the flatbreads, spread the zucchini bits on top of it, and add the tomatoes. I put them in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, took them out, and added fresh parsley leaves, hot honey, and some chili flakes.

The combination of sweetness, heat, and the lemony ricotta cheese underneath the zucchini and tomatoes was awesome. 

3. I relaxed in the comfortable chair with my feet on the ottoman in my study and listened again the entirety of Jeff's 06-29-2023 Deadish show. I let the sweet sounds of those acoustic covers of Grateful Dead songs lull me to sleep for a while and then I worked an acrostic puzzle to the last 80 minutes of so of the show featuring parts of Grateful Dead show from June 29, 1986 and 1976 and a couple of songs from July 1, 1966. 

Jeff's whole show sounded even better this next time around. 

Bliss. 

No comments: