Friday, July 21, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 07-20-2023: Kidney Appointment, Food Delivery and Moon Time, Patio Beer with Debbie

1. At 9:00, I met with Dr. Bieber, my kidney doctor, and, as expected, he was about 95% pleased with my blood work, happy to hear I was feeling all right and not retaining water in my lower legs or ankles.  We are sticking to our schedule of blood work every three months and meeting in person every six months, unless I experience a negative change in my condition.

This visit gave me (and Debbie) a lot to think about. 

I told Dr. Bieber that the transplant nephrologist in Spokane had urged me to get transplanted as soon as possible. Up until this morning, Dr. Bieber had expressed support for my decision to be inactive, but listed for a transplant, and continuing to accrue time. This morning, though, he, too, like the doctor at Providence Sacred Heart, spoke more positively than ever about me having a preemptive transplant, having the surgery before dialysis and while I'm still feeling good. 

Okay. 

I might just change the way I've been looking at this situation, too.

2. Ed picked me up around 5:30 or so and we blasted over the pass to CdA with pulled pork and BBQ sauce from Garrenteed BBQ in the back seat and delivered it to a wedding party at the CdA Eagles. 

The delivery went smoothly, thanks in large part to a young, strong guy meeting us outside the Eagles building and packing the hotbox up to the second floor, saving Ed and me from having to lug it up! 

Once our delivery was finished, we sat at the bar at Moon Time for a beer. I enjoyed a Pale Ale from Bale Breaker and we ordered some roasted bread that was mighty tasty. 

We had a relaxing time, yakkin' and enjoying the scene at Moon Time. Ed needed some good relaxation after a couple of days of hard work driving truck in the heat and I was happy to join him in chilling for a while. 

3. Debbie and I enjoy stovepipe cans of No-Li's Hazy IPA, Cascade Fog. I went to buy a can or two at the Gondolier, but they were sold out. Fortunately, Yoke's at a good supply and I purchased four cans, one of which Debbie and I split and drank on the patio, as the refreshing Silver Valley cool night air move in. 

No comments: