Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 07-24-2023: Beach Bum Bakery Bagels, HelloFresh Saga, Lunch Becomes Dinner

 1. I always look forward to bagel day at Beach Bum Bakery. I always buy at least a half a dozen bagels, sometimes more, for the upcoming week. The bagels freeze beautifully and I either thaw them overnight or, if I forget to do that, in the oven. (I set the oven at 350 degrees, put the bagel on a rack while the oven preheats, and, once the oven is preheated, leave the bagel in for several more minutes. If some parts are still frozen, if I toast the bagel, the toasting usually finishes the thawing.) 

For understandable logistical reasons, Beach Bum Bakery didn't have any raisin cinnamon bagels this week. No problem. I purchased three sesame and three plain. I will enjoy some of them for breakfast, toasted and with a spread of either butter or cream cheese, or I will fix bagel sandwiches, mostly open-faced on half a bagel, with lunch meat, cheese, and yellow mustard. I'll add dill pickle if I have pickles on hand.

2. I returned home from bagel buying, a trip to the post office, and a tour of Yoke's.

Debbie told me, as bolted into the house, that UPS sent a confirmation of their delivery of our Hello Fresh box, but that it didn't come to our house. 

I jumped online and let the world of Facebook and the world of Silver Valley Classifieds know what happened and asked for help, hoping the person who got the box would message me.

Well, it turned out that because Christy's dog, Riley, was at the vet going through a successful surgery, he was not home to bark and bark and bark and bark and bark when the UPS deliverer came to Christy's house next door. Therefore, Christy didn't know she had a package on her porch, but later in the day she discovered a parcel and, lo and behold, it was our Hello Fresh box! I sauntered next door, retrieved the box, and, once home, I leapt on Facebook and deleted the messages I'd posted asking for help.

3. The Beach Bum Bakery bagels are substantial. Not only are they delicious and not only is their texture perfect, they are filling. This afternoon, I cut a sesame bagel on half, used one half to fix an open faced sandwich with roast beef, Swiss cheese, and yellow mustard and that sandwich made fixing dinner unnecessary. The sandwich and the handful of Lay's Original potato chips satisfied me for the rest of the day, although I did snack a few times on vines and pieces of black licorice. 

No comments: